22cans is an independent games development studio with a passion for making award winning, innovative and delightful games. We are a highly flexible team with a great track record made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent. We are seeking ambitious people who are eager to embrace a highly creative and explorative development environment and help us realise our vision and reach huge audiences around the world. Come and join our team and make your mark on the journey to making the best possible games!
As part of the art team you will work closely with the Art Director, Art Lead and Tech Lead to design and author the game environment / game world. This is a hybrid position working from the studio 2 days a week.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Engineering, Art, and Technical Art to drive new technical features and improvements to visual fidelity.
- Organising and maintaining technical art content and giving feedback to the team.
- Developing, prototyping and implementing procedural placement solutions for art and design to fulfil their needs through a semi-automated fashion.
- Support Render-Tech with test scenarios, communication and alignment with Art and profiling/optimization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 3+ years of experience in a Senior Position working in games or VFX as a technical artist.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Unity’s HDRP.
- Experience writing shaders, either using a node-based graph or writing HLSL directly, including knowledge of best practices for GPU performance.
- Familiar with one or more object-oriented programming language such as C#, C++, python etc.
- Knowledge of particle systems and related VFX elements on Unity.
- Expert knowledge of PBR, advanced rendering techniques, shading models, and the relationship between materials and lighting.
- Professional experience and good knowledge of working with Maya and knowledge of its modelling tools.
- Substance designer and substance painter experience.
- Ability to create environment and other art assets from scratch to develop the game environments, props, and overall game world.
- Experience with Mel or python to develop tools for maya.
If this sounds like you send through your CV/Portfolio to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you!
22cans is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria and candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities.