22cans is an independent games development studio with a passion for making award winning, innovative and delightful games. We are a highly flexible team with a great track record made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent. We are looking for ambitious people who are eager to embrace a highly creative and explorative development environment and help us realise our vision and reach huge audiences around the world. Come and join our team and make your mark on the journey to making the best possible games!
We are looking for a talented Programmer to work remotely 3 days and from the Studio in Guildford 2 days a week. As part of the programming team, you will work closely with all other disciplines to bring game features to life and create a solid and polished experience for our players.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Design and Technical Architect to prototype systems and features
- Work in cooperation with all departments to implement, debug, polish, optimise and release high quality features and systems
- Take ownership and be the source of knowledge for various pipelines, tools, features and systems
- Work with Leads and Technical Architect to design and breakdown tasks necessary to implement features and systems
- Accurately estimate, and schedule tasks, in respect to other project deadlines and milestones
- Commitment & accountability in estimation and delivering of tasks, deadlines and milestones
- Share knowledge with team and mentor junior programmers
- Produce clean professional and maintainable code
- Proactively identify and solve issues when necessary
- Collaborate with the team to help diagnose and resolve complex problems when they arise
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong C# experience and object-oriented programming
- Experience working with and debugging a large codebase
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Experience working in a small team and with “multiple hat” roles
- An inquiring mind and interest in creative development solutions
- Passion for building well structured and maintainable code and pipelines
- Worked on shipped projects from start to finish
- Good knowledge of games development methodology
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment; friendly, collaborative, pragmatic, patient
- The more practical Unity knowledge you have the better
If this sounds like you send through your CV/Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you!
22cans is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria and candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities.